• Newsletter and Email Updates

    Get updates on important issues sent to your email

    Refresh Number


    Font Size A A A
    Thomas Bill Search
    Search by Keyword
    Search by Bill #

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I find out how Congressman Long voted on legislation?

Simply use the Library of Congress' website, thomas.loc.gov. You can search by the bill's name, number, or keywords to see how Congressman Long voted on a particular piece of legislation, or you can search by his name to see the bills he has sponsored.  

If you have questions about the Congressman's voting record, please feel free to contact any one of the offices listed below.  


What can the Congressman do for me?

The Congressman can help constituents with a federal issue, such as a missing social security check, an immigration question, or a veteran's affairs issue.  


What can't the Congressman do for me?

The Congressman cannot intercede in any matters before any courts.  

The Congressman can not intercede in any state, city, county, or municipal government issue.  


Can the Congressman help me with a problem I am having with a federal agency?

The Congressman can help with any problems Missouri residents may be having with federal agencies, including problems with Social Security, labor issues, housing, passports, veterans affairs, and immigration.  Please contact his Springfield office at 417.889.1800 and let them know you have a casework issue.  


What Congressional District do I live in?

To find out whether or not you live in Congressman Long's district, simply go to www.house.gov and enter your zipcode.  

I am going to visit Washington, D.C.  Can Congressman Long assist me with tickets for tours of the Capitol, White House, and other attractions?

Of course.  Please check the "Request A Tour" page on this website, or contact the Congressman's Washington, D.C. office at 202.225.6536 for more information about the tours he can set-up for your and your family while you're visiting our nation's capital.  


How can I let Congressman Long know my feelings on issues and legislation?

Representing yoru interests in Congress is Congressman Long's number one priority.  You can email him your questions, comments, and concerns, or you can contact him through the offices listed below.  


How can I get a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol?

Congressman Long is proud to offer United States flags at a nominal fee as a service to his constituents.  At your request, he can even have your flag flown over the U.S. Capitol.  To order a flag, please contact the Congressman's Washington D.C. office at 202.226.6536, or go to the flag section of this website.  


Does the Congressman offer internships in his Missouri and Washington, D.C. offices?

Yes, Congressman Long offers internships in all of this offices for undergraduate and graduate students as well as for recent graduates.  For more information, please visit the intership section of this website, or contact the office at which you would be interested in serving as an intern.  


When can I expect a response to the letter I sent the Congressman?

As you might imagine, Congressman Long recives a large amount of mail and email.  He does his best to personally respond to each letter he recieves as quickly as possible, but his repsonse time can vary.  Please allow up to four to six weeks to hear back from him.


Congressman Long's Congressional Offices:


Washinton, DC

2454 Rayburn House Office Building

Washington, DC 20515

Phone: 202.225.6536

Fax: 202.225.5604


Springfield, MO

3232 E. Ridgeview St.

Springfield, MO 65804

Phone: 417.889.1800

Fax: 417.889.4915


Joplin, MO

2727 E. 32nd St. Ste. 2

Joplin, MO 64804

Phone: 417.781.1041

Fax: 417.781.2832